Friday, February 1, 2008

Now this is what makes life worth living!

"Hi Dad,

Somehow your email ended up in my bulk folder, which I rarely check. Anyway, I am very pleased to see your blog. I didn't read all of it, but enough to realize and remember that you are an eloquent man of potent words. As I read, I can hear your deep, thoughtful voice, with that twinge of melancholy, reading the words...with a thoughtful pace, an introspective rhythm that draws the listener in. I'm surprised that you doubt your talent for writing, as you are primarily the parent who fostered my own writing talent by patiently guiding me through school reports and other writing assignments. You have always been a poet, and that is why you live in your gut instead of your head. Our society doesn't privilege the intuitive, the irrational, the feeling, especially in men, so I can see how that has been a challenge for you, as it is for most of the men I love and respect. It can be hard to embrace this way of being after a lifetime of invalidation. What I see in you now is the process of embracing it, I see you BECOMING what you ARE... that is unbelievably beautiful and more inspiring to others than you realize.

I love you papa and I believe in you!
Blessings,
Novadawn"

Have I mentioned yet how proud I am of both my daughters; how it has been an honor and privilege to have been chosen by such wonderful souls to be their father!

'nuf said.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

another one of your purposes for showing up. thanks for the inspiration. from my perspective you are doing good works. blessings to you all. b!