Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Response to Obama's Health Care Reform Speech

I'll get behind your plan as soon as you stand behind single payer health care.

As far as I can tell, I am being sold down the river by my party, the administration, and you, Mr. President. We, Progressives, have seen our country brought to virtual bankruptcy on so many fronts by the regressive policies of conservative and centrist elements in our country. It is time for the pendulum of justice and right to swing back.

The right has redefined the debate in my country so that our ideas are dismissed out of hand. I cannot sit by any longer and wait for moderation of right wing extremism. I want justice for all Americans. I want affordable comprehensive health care for all Americans.

The solution is pretty simple. Dismantle the massive American WAR Machine and use the savings to provide health care to the American people. Straight up and simple. Naive? Together we can do anything we choose. Isn't that your message of hope, Mr. President?

No comments: